Monday, January 4, 2010

My morning

It's early yet. Marie isn't up. We share a bedroom. Olga and Tatiana share one too. Only Alexei has his own, and his own playroom. But we all go to each other's rooms anyway.

My bed is hard and I'm not allowed a pillow. Mama says it's to promote good posture and prevent laziness. That's not too bad, but I really wish I didn't have to take a cold shower in the morning. Brrr! Especially in winter. It gets so cold here.

I don't mind when we're at Livadia, but that's a different story.

Today will start with breakfast. The four of us have it together. Alexei usually breakfasts with Mama, in her boudoir. He's well at the moment so he'll probably do so today. When he's sick, everything changes.

We'll have lessons later, with Pierre Gilliard and Mr. Gibbes. Sometimes I'm not very nice to them, especially Mr. Gibbes. Zhilik is a good sort, though, but I hate French. I'd rather just speak Russian. Since Mama was raised in England we speak English a lot, which isn't too bad.

I hear Marie stirring. I'd better go.

No comments:

Post a Comment